opened its doors in the fall of 2004. At TEAM we focus on academic excellence, post-secondary attainment, and a culture of respect and responsibility. Every year we take our students to visit a college. We want them to know what a college is and visualize this goal. All of our students start the day by saying the TEAM Academy Creed and they participate in a character education program everyday. We individualize learning as much as we can during reading and math for our students. Students are taught in small groups and participate in an individualized learning program on the computer. This helps all of our students be challenged at their own level. TEAM Academy
In addition to the core subjects our students get to experience art and Spanish classes. We also offer an after school program to all of our students. This program runs for an extra hour after the regular school day is over. During this time, we focus on reading and math skills through a common theme in all grade levels. Some of our after school themes this year have included world holidays, authors, Discover Waseca, environment, continents, and games.
TEAM will be moving to a new location for the 2010-2011 school year. We are located in the Northridge building next to Pizza Ranch. We are currently working with Novation Education Opportunities as our new authorizer.
Mission - Where students and potential meet TEAM Academy
Through collaboration of students, teachers, and parents we expect:
- Achievement of personal growth
- Building of strong character
- Contribution to a diverse society
What Makes TEAM Different?
- All students can participate in a FREE after school program which goes from 3-4 pm daily
- Guaranteed small class sizes. No class will be over 25 students and there is only one class per grade
- Art and Spanish classes for all students
- Charter Education and Service Learning
- Free of charge early drop off and late pick up for parent convenience.
- All students have goals for education after high school
- Reading and Math Intervention teachers